Tired of selecting a perfect gift for your loved ones? We have the best solution to make your choice easier.
WHAT IS VANILLA CARD?
A plain Vanilla Card is a credit card with no special features or benefits and with no monthly fees. The benefits of a Vanilla Card are almost same at all financial institutions but the credit limit of such cards depends on the creditworthiness of the cardholder.
Vanilla cards are simple and easy to use. The card’s acceptance will depend on its processor, presented in alliance with one of the four major credit card network processors:
- American Express
WHAT IS VANILLA VISA CARD?
A Visa Vanilla card is a prepaid card, which means that you need to load money onto it when you purchase it. It is sold as a gift card, though there are several types of these Vanilla cards, and some work like reloadable debit cards & reward cards as well. It is sold in denominations ranging from $10 to $250+.
WHAT IS VANILLA VISA CARD USED FOR?
- It allows you to purchase things online even if you don’t have a debit or credit card.
- This card is accepted anywhere that accepts Visa, so it allows you to give someone a gift card without having to choose just one retailer.
- You cannot exceed spending the money than you’ve loaded onto the card, so you don’t risk overdraft. This can help people curb their spending and control their expenses.
- It is a great tool for parents to teach their teens the value of money and this helps as “starter” cards for teens who are still learning how to use a credit or debit card responsibly.
VISA VANILLA PREPAID CARD VS REWARDS CARD
- Visa Vanilla Prepaid or Gift Card- It is a type of gift card for family, friends or companions. The denominations of this card are – $25, $50 and $100 and costs between $4.95- $7.95. It is a non-reloadable card. You can purchase it by reaching out to the My Vanilla company through telephone or email.
- Vanilla Rewards Card– It is a type of card intended to be a reward for someone to motivate them. It could be for representatives, colleagues and can also be used in dependability programmes. You can purchase it on the InComm Incentive Solutions site for mass buys. These are mostly used to recognize advancements, worker gifts, challenges, motivating forces and sweep stakes. It is also a non-reloadable card.
HOW TO CHECK MY VANILLA VISA BALANCE?
You can check your ‘my vanilla visa’ balance by visiting your card issuer’s site and by entering the 16-digit number and security code which allows you to check your balance in the Visa Vanilla Gift Card. It allows you to take credit from your existing bank and later pay them back as late fees with an amount of interest if applicable.
VANILLA CARD ACTIVATION OFFLINE?
To activate your card offline, you need to-
- Call on the toll-free number mentioned on the front of the Visa Vanilla Prepaid Card, on the sticker which is usually there when you purchase a new card. You will then have to verify your account number and Card Verification Number by entering it on your keypad.
- Dial the number at the back of your card. You will then need to verify your account number over the phone and will be asked to set a 4-digit security code/pin.
It is recommended that you put your signature at the back of the card and record the following information somewhere if you accidently lose your card- 4-digit identification code, Security code and Customer Service number.
VANILLA CARD ACTIVATION ONLINE?
To activate the Vanilla Card online, you need to-
- Visit the activation link on the front of the card on the sticker. It will guide you in registering your card online.
- Visit the website on the back of the card. The vendor’s website will guide you through the activation process and provide you with a link.
While you register on the vendor’s website, it is better if you provide the above-mentioned information on the site in case you go through any problem later.
ADVANTAGES OF VANILLA PREPAID VISA CARD
- Convenience– While it is not the same as a debit or a credit card, you still do not have to go through the hassle of carrying cash everywhere.
- Versatility– It gives you all the perks of using a debit or credit card – broad acceptance, easy use as well as ATM accessibility- without the involvement of any bank or credit account.
- Risk Free– If you ever lose this card, there is no risk of identity theft. You do not have to worry about notifying banks, creditors and more. You can still have your peace of mind, especially when you are travelling.
Visa Vanilla Card is a perfect choice of gift for someone who loves shopping, lives far away or is hard to buy for. It allows you to pay for items without notifying your banks or disclosing your identity. Even though it is a non-reloadable card, there can be a lot of fees associated with use. In the end, it is up to you to decide if this type of prepaid card is suitable for you!