The Vanilla Gift card is a form of payment applicable for online purchases and retail units in the US. If you have received the Vanilla gift card from someone, you might be looking for ways to activate it in the easiest way possible. Your gift card has no value unless it is activated.
Therefore, it is possible that your gift card is already activated when the buyer purchased it from the store. It is better to ask the person who bought it. The cashier leaves a sticker on the card that indicates whether or not your gift card is activated.
It is important to note that the card issuer provides an activation code at the time of purchase for gift cards. However, like other gift cards, it is already activated. The buyer needs to sign the back of the card and write down the card details elsewhere for future reference. For instance, the card gets stolen or lost, then saving the details somewhere safe comes in handy.
Steps to Activate Vanilla Gift Card
If your card isn’t already activated, there are two ways to do that. One method is online through the website and the other is offline through the phone. In both ways, you need your card details handy. The website URL and toll-free number are printed on the card itself. That’s why, make sure you have the card intact.
The step by step process to activate your Vanilla gift card is mentioned below. Usually, the only time you will need to activate the card is when it is a replacement for the original one.
1. Online method
To activate the Vanilla gift card online, you will need an active internet connection and card details.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to their official web portal at www.vanillagift.com/activatecard.
- As a cardholder, you might have a Vanilla account. Enter login id and password to sign in.
- Further, enter details such as card number, expiry date, CVV, activation code, etc.
- Click “Activate”. Your card will be activated, and you will receive a notification based on the contact information provided.
Your card is activated in 4 easy steps. In case you find it tedious or don’t want to take any risks, skip to the next method, which is offline.
2. Offline method
The cardholder has the alternate option to activate their card offline over the phone. Follow the steps below:
- As mentioned earlier, a toll free number 1-800-571-1376 is printed on the card. Call the number.
- Follow the steps for activation as guided when you call the toll free number.
- A customer service representative from the Vanilla team will attend your request and ask for the necessary details. Keep your card details ready as you will need them in the activation process.
- Share the necessary information and card details like card number, expiry date, and more.
The card is activated and you can start using it to make payments at your desired merchant website or store that accepts Visa or MasterCard.
Things to Know for the Cardholder
There are a few important things you should know if you own a Vanilla gift card.
- Your funds never expire. However, the card has an expiration date. So, you can opt for a replacement card if there is any remaining balance.
- You can use it at all outlets and renowned malls in the US that accept gift cards.
- Always save your card details elsewhere in case of an emergency.
- You can club them with other modes of payment if the purchase amount exceeds the card balance.
- Always check the balance before making payments or it will be declined.
It goes without saying that if you have received your Vanilla card as a gift, it is already activated. However, you can follow the steps mentioned to activate your replacement card. It is a quick and most convenient form of payment for online as well as store purchases.